International Women’s Day
2016 sees the launch of an online event that celebrates International Women’s Day in an entirely different way to the live events we used to run between 2006 and 2012.
It’s a Blogging Challenge for International Woman’s Day offered by our sister site Attract Readers. We are also supporting the charity Womankind and their ‘Share a Story’ initiative with this event.
Would you like to read more about our previous live events?
“One word- fantastic!” “Very successful! Everyone enjoyed it and was very enthusiastic- very inspiring speakers”, “Focused, informative and thought provoking”, “Excellent. Inspiring and made me think. A good mix of people”
These are comments from our International Women’s celebrations. In 2006 we launched the only independent celebration open to business women and this soon became the biggest independent event in the Thames Valley!
“The event was a fantastic celebration of women in business and proved that by connecting and supporting each other, we can all achieve our goals. I felt really inspired by the speakers, and the issues they discussed were relevant both to women and the broader business community.” Rita Adams A.R.M. Credit Control
Slide show by Animoto
A history of our events:
- 2006 “Achieve Success!”– our launch event in Maidenhead
- 2007 “Successful Women- Who Inspires You?” at Reading University
- 2008 “Networking & Working Together For Success”, at Sonning Golf Club. Supported by HSBC, with keynote speaker Sue Knight – renowned international consultant and author, who pioneered the use of NLP in business
- 2009 “Marketing YOU PLC”, at Sonning Golf Club, with keynote by blind entrepreneur Lynn Pereira who survived an acid attack
- 2010 “Essential Business Secrets for Success”, at Reading Hilton Hotel. In partnership with Business Link and the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce. Keynote by Liz Jackson MBE, CEO of Great Guns Marketing
- 2011- Champagne Reception & Networking To Celebrate 100 years of International Women’s Day. Supported by HSBC and the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce. Keynote by Penny Power, Founder of Ecademy
- 2012- “Breaking through Success Barriers”- our last event, held at The Bird in Hand Hotel in Knowl Hill, Reading. Supported by RBS & Waterloo Brown.
- 2016 Blogging Challenge for International Woman’s Day offered by our sister site Attract Readers.