International Women’s Day
2016 saw the launch of an innovative online event that celebrated International Women’s Day in a different way to the popular live events we used to run between 2006 and 2012.
It was a Blogging Challenge for International Woman’s Day offered by our sister site Attract Readers and attracted women from all over the world.
New and established bloggers encouraged each other to share their voice online on a variety of women’s issues and entrepreneurial topics.
We supported the charity Womankind and their ‘Share a Story’ initiative with this event.
“The challenge was fun and stimulating. I had never tried to blog before but I’m inspired to do more now. It’s been nice reading carefully considered articles. I like the discipline of writing regularly and I’ve made new friends too!” Sarah Seymour
Feedback from our live events
“One word- fantastic!” “Very successful! Everyone enjoyed it and was very enthusiastic- very inspiring speakers”, “Focused, informative and thought provoking”, “Excellent. Inspiring and made me think. A good mix of people”
“The event was a fantastic celebration of women in business and proved that by connecting and supporting each other, we can all achieve our goals. I felt really inspired by the speakers, and the issues they discussed were relevant both to women and the broader business community.” Rita Adams A.R.M. Credit Control
A history of our events
In 2006 we launched the first celebration open to business women in the Thames Valley and it soon became the biggest independent International Women’s Day event in the Thames Valley.
We quickly got known for creating inspirational and interactive learning and networking experiences. The events attracted prestigious sponsors and was attended by women from the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire counties.
- 2006 “Achieve Success!”– our launch event in Maidenhead
- 2007 “Successful Women- Who Inspires You?” at Reading University
- 2008 “Networking & Working Together For Success”, at Sonning Golf Club. Supported by HSBC, with keynote speaker Sue Knight – renowned international consultant and author, who pioneered the use of NLP in business
- 2009 “Marketing YOU PLC”, at Sonning Golf Club, with inspirational keynote by blind entrepreneur Lynn Pereira who survived an acid attack
- 2010 “Essential Business Secrets for Success”, at Reading Hilton Hotel. In partnership with Business Link and the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce. Keynote by Liz Jackson MBE, CEO of Great Guns Marketing
- 2011- Champagne Reception & Networking To Celebrate 100 years of International Women’s Day. Attended by 130 women and supported by HSBC and the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce. Keynote by Penny Power, Founder of Ecademy and The Business Cafe Global
- 2012- “Breaking through Success Barriers” – our final live event, held at The Bird in Hand Hotel in Knowl Hill, Reading. Supported by Royal Bank of Scotland & Waterloo Brown.
- The 2016 Blogging Challenge for International Woman’s Day offered by our sister site Attract Readers. It was attended by women from all over the world. New and established bloggers supported each other to share their voice online on a variety of women’s issues and entrepreneurial topics.